That was great. Thanks for the article.

So, as usual, I took one step forward and two steps back. I thought I had
figured it out by making a sidebar controller, navigation controller etc,
but it seems I was mislead by the all the evil FSUC authors. But it is a lot
of fun.

So with that being said, I am back to square one. How do I place echo
$this->sidebar into my layout script and have it called without using
controllers. How does the framework know what to do when the view sees echo
$this->sidebar without any other hints? Is this where a view partial comes
into play? Do I need a view helper to take care of tying all the elements of
the sidebar together and assigning meaning to $this->sidebar?

Thanks a lot.