J DeBord wrote:
This may be partially a general oop question, but I hope someone can give me some advice.

If you want to build a User object, what is the best way to store it's attributes? Would a user object extend a Zend_Db_Table? Would you code a User class and have it interact with a UserTable extends Zend_Db_Table class? Can anyone provide a general example of code please? Or any advice? Books to read, sites to visit, etc...

Personally, I prefer not to extend Zend_Db_Table for models.

Matthew has written about it previously. http://weierophinney.net/matthew/archives/202-Model-Infrastructure.html You should follow Matthew's blog for tutorials, news and insight about Zend Framework. There's also a free book available on ZF - http://www.survivethedeepend.com/

--

With warm regards,
Sudheer. S