It appears I have the same
http://www.nabble.com/concerned-about-regenerating-id-td13896143.html#a13896143
issue reported back in Nov 2007 by Ergo.

I want to regenerate the session id on every request as recommended in the
documentation, but there seems to be a timing problem on Safari and IE. If
users make several requests very quickly, the session is lost.

Ergo suggests a work around, namely calling PHP's session_regenerate_id()
directly without the true argument. This seems to work for me, but it
appears Zend_Session::regenerateId() stores some internal state that will
not be set using this approach.

My questions is, should I call session_regenerate_id() directly or is there
some other recommended solution?

- Steve W.