I guess thats why I would like to see something in the docs that lists what the minimum version levels are for the different modules in Zend framework. So when a new version comes out those of use who are stuck on shared systems can try to make an educated decision about when to upgrade or if its even possible.

I can see both sides oft his issue. I personally would love to always run with the latest and greatest. But I have tended to be one would likes living about 1.5 steps back from the bleeding edge. As I don't like to bleed more then necessary. :)

But if I am hosting a server or server farm with thousands of users I cannot just upgrade as I may end up breaking people running very old code on the server. Additionally as a hosting provider I also have to make darn sure that the isolation between the individual user accounts is maintained. In some cases the owner of the site does not want to pay to have their code fixed and if you perform an upgrade to the server that results in breakage of their code then it's the hosting services fault. Even if it really isn't.

So in summary I would just like to request the documentation be extended with version requirements kind of like the dependency requirements listed in the docs.

Eric Naujock