Something that I think ZF really needs are pre-built modules which
immediately work when dropped into an application. It's near impossible to
do before since there's no guarantee that a ZF project follows the
recommended structure. I ported my CRUD module from another project to
Zend_Application with the goal of making it work in any Zend_Tool-created
project with minimal fuss.

    svn co http://mz-project.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/modules/crud

The resulting directory should be copied into the application/modules
directory. As long as the modules resource plugin is enabled and a default
Zend_Db_Table adapter is set, it should just work. The pages would be
unstyled though since nothing is added to the public directory. I made
another module that simulates serving of public resources from inside module
directories:

    svn co http://mz-project.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/modules/modules

I wonder if there's any interest in these things? I started making an
auth+ACL module but I kinda gave up since it's really hard to make it
generic. If there's any interest perhaps I could start it over again.

   -- Mon