Hi,

I am using a modular directory structure for my zend app. Here is the
structure:

Appname

            - frontend

                        -modules

                                    -module1

                                                -controller

                                                -models

                                    -module2

                                                -controller

                                                -models

                        -layouts

                        -helpers

I need to have an action helper for my controllers

The helpers directory is where my action helper files will reside. In the
bootstrap, I have done this:

$view->addHelperPath(FRONT_APPLICATION_PATH.'/helpers');

This is the code that I have written for my new helper

class Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_Cim extends
Zend_Controller_Action_Helper_Abstract

  {

    function direct($a) {

        return $a.'from Helper';

    }

    function other($a) {

        echo $a.'from Helper other';

And this is how I am calling in the controller:

$leadHelper = $this->_helper->getHelper('cim');

 echo $leadHelper->direct('asdasd');

I cannot see any error but also I do not see any output. Am I doing
something wrong here.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vibhor