Hi,

Having an issue though it may be expected behavior.

Set up a ZF project via Quickstart zf Command Line Tool (which is great :))

Add to application.ini

resources.view[] =
resources.layout.layoutPath = APPLICATION_PATH "/layouts/scripts"
resources.navigation.pages.indexFoo.label = "Foo"
resources.navigation.pages.indexFoo.controller = "index"
resources.navigation.pages.indexFoo.action = "foo"
resources.navigation.pages.indexBar.label = "Bar"
resources.navigation.pages.indexBar.controller = "index"
resources.navigation.pages.indexBar.action = "bar"

In the view

echo $this->navigation()->menu();

Reference :
http://hienoa.net/web/2009/05/03/getting-started-with-zend_navigation-with-two-simple-steps/

Everything works great, the menu is echoed as expected.

But if you now add a custom view resource in the bootstrap the menu
disappears?

e.g.

    protected function _initView()
    {
        // Initialize view
        $view = new Zend_View();
        $view->doctype('XHTML1_STRICT');
        $view->headTitle('My First Zend Framework Application');

        // Add it to the ViewRenderer
        $viewRenderer =
Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker::getStaticHelper(
            'ViewRenderer'
        );
        $viewRenderer->setView($view);

        // Return it, so that it can be stored by the bootstrap
        return $view;
    }

And if you then comment out view resource config  in application.ini
i.e.
;resources.view[] =

you get a fatal error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getView() on a non-object in
path\to\1.8.1\library\Zend\Application\Resource\Navigation.php on line 100

Is this expected behaviour? If so, i don't see why, I think you should be
able to create a custom resource while still using other resources *even*
when the they depend on the custom one, no?