Hi,

First you might want to check Matthews blog, He wrote a few posts about
forms and decorators.
http://weierophinney.net

Second, As a ZF developer i hardly use the Zend_Form to generate my forms. I
usually do that myself using HTML. From various reason both performance and
usability. But one thing i can suggest is, If you plan on having a login
form across all pages then just create a view helper, That helper will
render a partial with the form you need and all other contents in plain
HTML. It will load faster and it's much eaiser then working with the
Zend_Form lables, decorators etc.. .  At least that what i would do.

Regards,
--
Vincent Gabriel.
Lead Developer, Senior Support.