vince. wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What's the problem with retrieving the entries from the DB, Assigning them
> into a multi dimensional array and passing it into the zend_nagivation?

The problem is that I can not do this for every navigable page on the site
all at once... for every request.

1. Memory due to lots of items.
2. Speed - there comes a point when an array is so large that it is not as
fast as an indexed mysql database table.
3. Cache will get out of date quickly.
I have multiple situations like this on the same site and as new pages are
being created, moved, renamed quite often, any caching would not be up to
date for very long at all.

Creating a navigation tree of every page in the site is not possible for a
large site. If the Navigation object is only getting used to show related
pages such as parents (breadcrumb) and children (menu). Why should it need
to be loaded with tonnes of unrelated pages?