Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote:

> The bootstrap uses what is considered a "local" registry, versus a
> global static registry. As a result, you cannot use Zend_Registry's get,
> set, or isRegistered methods in order to locate items, as these operate
> on the global, static registry.
>
> As a convenience, the bootstrap exposes a "getResource()" method which
> can be used to pull resources from the local registry by name.

OMG, I think a big lightbulb may have gone 'bing!' in my head.

So the "resources" in the bootstrap are sort of wrappers around the config
stuff in the .ini file?

I always think of resources as oil, gas and coal.

Matthew Weier O'Phinney-3 wrote:

> We've been trying hard to build out functionality incrementally. The
> addition of Zend_Application codifies some paradigms and best practices
> we've been working on, but it's clear that migration has been a bit
> difficult for some. If you have any thoughts on how to mitigate this in
> the future, I'd love to hear them!

I found it really hard that there is no 1,000 foot view of how things hook
together. The documentation is really good, but I usually search nabble for
a real person explanation.

Take for example the Zend_Navigation. I was totally stuck, then I searched
nabble and found that part of the answer is in the "view helper" page.

There is a lot of 'how this works' and not 'why this is a good idea'. Take
for example the new table gateway - a simple paragraph outlining what
problem this solves would be neat. Sell these new ideas to me, why should I
use them? What pain does it solve? Why should I use the new bootstrap? Show
me a neat problem it solves.

You guys are the experts, we all come here for a free lesson in advanced PHP
;)

Everything is getting better over time :)

monk.e.boy