Please can someone help me with this. I am using ZF for a long running
command line script, but my memory is blowing out (well over 100 MB).

My problem is that ZF seems to be full of cyclic/circular references. As
these stop objects from being garbage collected, most the object that I use
are still in memory.

After 20 iterations of my script the following objects (that I have found)
are still in memory due to cyclic/circular references.

Zend_View 21x
IndexController 20x
Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker 20x
Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard 20x
Zend_View_Helper_Url 20x
My_Item_Collection 20x
Zend_Db_Table_Rowset 20x
My_Item 100x

I have got rid of a few cyclic/circular references such as the following:

Circular references between Zend_Controller_Router_Abstract and
Zend_Controller_Front is cleared by resetting front instance.

Circular references between View Helper and Zend View are cleared by setting
the views on all helpers to NULL.

Circular references between Zend_Controller_Action_HelperBroker and
Zend_Controller_Action  is cleared by hacking
Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard to call a destructor on
Zend_Controller_Action to unset $_helper property.

The problem is that it appears that there are many more for me to find. Can
anyone else share some ideas, tips or help finding them / fixing them etc?