On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Matthew
Ratzloff<m...@builtfromsource.com> wrote:
> 1. Your own library.  library/My/Filter/Foo.php
> 2.
> http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.form.elements.html#zend.form.elements.filters
> -Matt

OK I got the concept of custom filter. Now I have custom filter
implemented but it is not working.

I have
/application
  /library
    /My
      /Filter
         Interface.php
         Slash2Comma.php

Basically my idea is to replace the slash(/) with comma and this is
how it looks like

Interface.php
++++++++++++++
<?php

interface Zend_Filter_Interface
{
    /**
     * Returns the result of filtering $value
     *
     * @param  mixed $value
     * @throws Zend_Filter_Exception If filtering $value is impossible
     * @return mixed
     */
    public function filter($value);
}
+++++++++++++++

Slash2Comma.php
+++++++++++++++++
<?php

require_once 'Zend/Filter/Interface.php';

class Zend_Filter_Slash2Comma implements Zend_Filter_Interface
{
    /**
     * Defined by Zend_Filter_Interface
     *
     * Returns the string $value, replacing all forward slashes to comma
     *
     * @param  string $value
     * @return string
     */
    public function filter($value)
    {
                $temparr = explode("/", $value);
                $replacedvalue = implode (",", $temparr);

                return (string) $replacedvalue;

++++++++++++++++

In My Form element, I have added my custom filter

The code fragment in my form looks like this
++++++++++++
public function init()
{
       $mysearch = New Zend_Form_Element_Text('srchstr');
       $mysearch->setLabel('Search For:');
       $mysearch->setAttrib('size', '30');
       $mysearch->addPrefixPath('My_Filter', 'My/Filter/', 'filter');
       $mysearch->addFilter('Slash2Comma');
       $mysearch->addFilter('StringTrim');

Now when I var_dump my query string, it is still the same. What's
wrong with my Slash2Comma code? Any suggestion?

Besides that if i execute query, i am getting SQL error

Just need some input.

Thanks again for your valuable time