2009/6/17 Mark Steudel <msteu...@gmail.com>

> I had to transfer a site from one server to another, and the new server is
> installed with 5.0.5. I'm now getting the following error when I include the
> PDO Mysql adapter:
>
> *Parse error*: syntax error, unexpected T_ARRAY, expecting '&' or
> T_VARIABLE in */netapp/whnas-swamp/s10/s10/01577/
> www.morbern.com/webdocs/Zend/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php* on line
> *238*
>
> I have version 1.5.1 of the framework installed ...

Just in case you didn't see the earlier reply to your message, ZF version
1.5.1 required PHP 5.1.4. The current version of ZF requires PHP 5.2.4 or
greater.

The line you're seeing an error on contains an array type hint for a class
method. This is a PHP feature that was introduced in PHP 5.1. You'll need to
try and persuade your server administrator to upgrade to a more recent
version of PHP, or move the site to a server that has one. Version 5.0.5 is
nearly four years old.

--
Tim Fountain
http://tfountain.co.uk/