Hi Rod,

You most probably do have MultiViews enabled, but not mod_rewrite. MultiViews lets files without their extension handle response (e.g. index => index.php). Try making simple test cases in your .htaccess to figure out if mod_rewrite actually works, e.g.:

RewriteRule .* http://www.zend.com [R,L] # lets every request redirect to www.zend.com

If it doesn't, figure out why (look in your apache conf file to see if the appropriate LoadModule isn't commented out, for instance).

Gerard

rodp wrote:
Hi,
I have a problem that I can't figure out and hope someone could help me out.
I've built a fairly simple application that works perfectly fine on my
machine (windows XP running WAMP). When I copied it onto a virtual machine running ubuntu 8 and tried to run
the application, I can only get to the IndexController and all its actions,
however I get a "Page not found", and not from the frameworks
ErrorController, more like something wrong with apache's mod_rewrites, when
I try any of the other controllers.

For example:
these links would work:
site.com