swilhelm wrote:

> Looking for a book or example that incorporates: modules, auth & acl
> controlling module-based behavior, cli or rest read/write access to some
> of the data (again with auth & acl control), zend test, and doctrine
> integration.

Hi Steve,

Don't now about the Doctrine since i prefer to do mapping in my own domain
models, but all the other topics are in depth covert over the web. Here's
what i have in my bookmarks that i will gladly share:

ZendCasts http://www.zendcasts.com/ covers a lot of what you mention (acl,
authentication, database interaction, unit testing etc)
Matthew's Blog is my favorite for it's very insightful articles
http://weierophinney.net/matthew/
Rob Allen has a blog also: http://akrabat.com/

Zend has a set of webinars on their site : on php
http://www.zend.com/en/resources/webinars/php and zend framework
http://www.zend.com/en/resources/webinars/framework

The only books i know out there on ZF are:

Rob Allen's 'ZendFramework in action' and PHP architect's 'Guide to
Programming with Zend Framework' (by Cal Evans)

If you would like to see some real world implementation yo can dig in to
some open source ZF-based projects like for example Magento (maybe not the
best example).

However i think you are interested in general software architecture
examples more then ZF-related. If so, the best thing i can recommend is this
book -
http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Microsoft-Programming-Steve-McConnell/dp/1556154844/
(I think it has second edition now)

Hope that was helpful,