-- nickt66 <nick...@yahoo.com> wrote
(on Thursday, 06 August 2009, 12:52 PM -0700):
> I've run into a problem with Zend_FIlter_Input and the ZF1.9 release. I have
> various controller actions that start by doing something like this:
>
> $input =  new Zend_Filter_Input(array('lesson' => 'digits'), array('lesson'
> => 'int'), $this->getRequest()->getUserParams());
>
> and then go on to use retrieved params like this: $input->lesson
>
> This code has worked fine on various versions of the Framework up until 1.9.
> Now, on 1.9 running on Production (PHP 5.2.1) $input->lesson is NULL.
>
> If I dump out $input, the debug output is identical under 1.8 and 1.9. (see
> below for output). And in either case I can see the correct value for
> lesson. But when I retrieve it, as above, I get NULL.
>
> Even more curiously, the code continues to work fine with 1.9 on my
> development machine (OS X 10.4.11, PHP 5.2.4).

Please note that ZF versions >= 1.7.0 have a minimum required PHP
version of 5.2.4. While a lot of functionality works fine with earlier
versions of PHP, we cannot guarantee it will work correctly unless you
are using at least version 5.2.4. If your production server is running
PHP 5.2.1, you will either need to:

 * upgrade your PHP version to a 5.2.4 or greater
 * use a version of ZF < 1.7.0

Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com
Zend Framework          | http://framework.zend.com/