nickt66 wrote:
> I have this scenario
>
> Page A
> - Gathers data from user in form.
> - It POSTS data to Page B
>
> Page B
> - Writes POST data to db
> - Displays POST data
>
> The problem is if the user goes from Page A -> Page B -> Page C (back
> button) -> Page B then when they go back to Page B the POST data gets
> written to the db again. Aside from the inefficiency, this is a problem
> because stats are being incremented each time. So the data is being made
> invalid by the user backing through Page B.
>
> I tried solving it like this:
>
> Page A
> - Gathers data from user in form.
> - It POSTS data to Page Z
>
> Page Z
> - Writes POST data to db
> - Redirects to Page B
>
> Page B
> - Displays the POST data
>
> This works great in the sense that going from C back to B back to A
doesn't
> break the db data because Page Z is never hit again.
>
> But here's the problem - I need to POST the data from Page Z to Page B so
> that it can display the data. The data in question is an array of JSON
data.

> I tried using Zend_Http_Client and POST but that doesn't cause a redirect
> from Z to B. Instead I get an error with the framework complaining it
can't
> find a view for Page Z (because of course, there isn't supposed to be
one).

Zend_Http_Client is not used in this capacity, it is used to perform
http request from the server (like curl).

> So, if I'm in a controller action handler, how do I redirect to another
> action handler and POST data to that handler?

This is a common flow, the usual solution is to post from A to Z (save
to database), then redirect to B (like you're doing) then have B read
the data from the database for display.

This should be fine in the vast majority of cases, there is an option to
save the data to the a cache as well as the database if that is needed,
but I really don't think it will be.

- --

Brenton Alker
PHP Developer - Brisbane, Australia