-- Ralph Schindler <ralph.schind...@zend.com> wrote
(on Tuesday, 11 August 2009, 11:36 AM -0500):
> Are you testing trunk?
>
> Are you using the standard TestConfiguration.php.dist file?
>
> Are you enabling any exotic components that are disabled by default?
>
> Where is it dying?

One way to find this out, btw, is to run phpunit with the --tap switch.
This will produce a line of output for each test run -- and thus you'll
know what test was run immediately prior to the process dying. We used
this extensively when preparing for 1.9.0 to identify problematic test
suites.

As Ralph noted, we have been running the suite regularly, on what is
basically stock hardware and a stock PHP install.

One extension that I *know* is problematic when running the entire suite
is XDebug. Because of all the profiling information it tracks, it can
often use substantially more memory and run into circular references
that don't occur under normal PHP usage -- causing the suite to crash.
(Which sucks, because it'd be really, really nice to get a full coverage
report of the entire test suite at some point. (-: ) Enable XDebug only
when trying to profile individual component test suites within ZF.

Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com
Zend Framework          | http://framework.zend.com/