I created a Config Resource and a separate config.ini file for site
configuration params not related to Zend_Application :

<?php

class Resource_Config extends Zend_Application_Resource_ResourceAbstract {

    protected $_config = null;
    protected $_configFile = '';

    public function init() {

        $this->_configFile = APPLICATION_PATH . '/configs/config.ini';

        return $this->getConfig();

    }

    public function getConfig() {

        if ($this->_config === null) {

            $this->_config = new Zend_Config_Ini($this->_configFile,
APPLICATION_ENV);

        }

        return $this->_config;

What do you guys think of this approach?

Thanks!