OK, I can certainly look at that.

Generally, you'd set the file permissions on the script so it can only be
run by the specified user(s) -  so, for instance:
shell# chown admin_user:admin_group myScript.php
shell# chmod 744 myScript.php
shell # ls -al
-rwxr--r-- 1 admin_user admin_group 3212 Apr 17 1999 myScript.php

(can only be executed by the admin_user user)

Is this not possible in your setup for some reason?  I'm not very familiar
with shared hosting setups, so is there something that would prevent you
doing this?

Thanks for the input,
Mark