-- Denis Brumann <d-brum...@gmx.net> wrote
(on Friday, 04 September 2009, 01:16 PM +0200):
> in Zend_Application_Module_Autoloader's initDefaultResourceTypes() a
> resource dbtable (mapping to models/DbTable/) is added.
>
> Since I have some other subdirectories in modules/ which are not
> specifically added to the autoloader, I checked whether the above entry
> is actually required and it seems not (at least not on my machine,
> Ubuntu 9.04 with PHP and Apache from the default repos).
>
> Should "subresources" in models/ be specifically added to the autoloader
> for some reason?

We added the dbtable resource to the module autoloader primarily to be
explicit -- you'll note that everything in the module autoloader
corresponds 1:1 with the recommended directory structure for modules:

    http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/project-structure.filesystem.html

This helps the module autoloader "enforce" and encourage this structure.

Project Lead            | matt...@zend.com
Zend Framework          | http://framework.zend.com/