I have been trying to study Zend Framework. I have followed Zend Quick start,
the database part looks very complex.

http://framework.zend.com/docs/quickstart/create-a-model-and-database-table

This is how every one create their models ? To me it looks very complex and
time consuimg to create model with data mapper (3 files for a database). How
this is going to save time and increase productivity ?

CakePHP have only 3 lines to create a model.

http://book.cakephp.org/view/334/Create-a-Post-Model

Why Zend need 3 large and complex files to handle database interaction ? 3
files and complex code need more processing time and slow up application ?

Can some one give link to any good tutorial on Zend Framework database ?