2009/9/10 Benjamin Eberlei <kont...@beberlei.de>:

> Hello Keith,
>
> yes there are plans, however i haven't found somebody for this task yet :-)
> Do you have time? :-) From the Zend_Db_Mapper_SqlQuery and SqlQueryBuilder
> objects
> you can already see that building your own query object is not too complex
> and can be done as a standalone task.
>
> greetings,
> Benjamin

Yes I have been looking at those, I dont have a lot of time atm :( If
I can I might try and get a proposal onto the wiki so that someone
else can take over and we can get community feedback on the
requirements etc.

I am just going through setting up a new application to test
Zend_Entity and Yadif (I hope this make it into the core soon too), so
hopefully will be able to provide some feedback in the near future.

Nice work on all this btw!

> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009 13:05:29 +0100, keith Pope <mute.p...@googlemail.com>
> wrote:
>> 2009/9/10 Benjamin Eberlei <kont...@beberlei.de>:
>>>
>>> The approach you are describing is misusing Zend Entity as a data access
>>> layer
>>> only, however its purpose is really managing of object identities.
>>> Although
>>> its possible to dynamically set a different metadata model based on
>>> properties
>>> its really not recommended at all and there will be no support with
>>> whatever
>>> problems might occur with this use case.
>>>
>>> Instead a good use-case would be nest the ACL inside your entities and
>>> allow
>>> the request of certain data/relations only if these acls are meet. This
>>> way
>>> you push the access of different properties to the domain model and
>>> abstract
>>> from the persistence, which is what Zend Entity is about.
>>>
>>> It seems however with what you describe Zend_Db_Table is a pretty good
>>> access strategy for your relational data, Zend_Entity however is about
>>> objects that are instantiated completly. Partially loaded objects won't
>>> be
>>> supported.
>>>
>>> greetings,
>>> Benjamin
>>
>> Are there any plans to have a criteria type object for creating
>> repositories?
>>

>>> On Wed, 9 Sep 2009 16:43:19 -0700 (PDT), Chris Murray
>>> <cmur...@murtek.com>

>>> properties.
>>> That
>>> combination