Hi everyone, I just wanted to see if anyone else had had a good long think
about this sort of thing before I decided one way or the other.

Basically I have been playing with the context switch action helper, and it
has opened a whole new world of possibilities in terms of application
structure, but i'm not certain if i'm about to head down a path of
over-engineering or not.

As an example, my controllers have an autocomplete action. It essentially
switches off the layout and returns the appropriate data in JSON format -
all of which is fine and dandy, and there's a bit of processing in the whole
thing so it's not unreasonable that it's its own action, HOWEVER... stopping
and thinking for a bit, retrieving a list of autocomplete options IS just a
"list", and hence shouldn't it be a function of the /list action? with the
format simply decided by the context switcher? it seems to make sense to me,
but then i start to think about how many other actions this might mean
reworking - where do you draw the line? i guess you could make your entire
application a context switch of /, which is obviously taking it too far, but
you see the point...

I'm just thinking out loud, I'm guessing the answer is that there's no
"perfect" structure, and it's better to just write the code and get it
working rather than philosophize endlessly over the best possible solution,
i just thought this one might be an interesting debate for the mailing list.