sorry but that i dont understand.

The factory makes certain assumptions about what is possible
and what not in creating an adapter. Changing the assumptions
is a B/C break.

Of course its a bug that ZendX Firebird cannot be loaded
from the previous assumptions but that is not a valid cause
to overthrow them. There has to be a BC way to solve both cases.

Additionally this is a change in a mini version, breaking
code that was perfectly valid and should still be valid in all
versions from 1.0 to 1.9.2 updates. I cant understand that
reasoning.

greets,
Benjamin