On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 8:38 AM, Cameron <themsel...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney <matt...@zend.com
> > wrote:
>
>> -- Cameron <themsel...@gmail.com> wrote
>> (on Wednesday, 23 September 2009, 09:42 AM +0800):
>> > Dojo grids. I've actually just moved a lot of my functionality over to
>> Dojo
>> > JsonRestStore so I can do in-grid editing, it's not completed yet, but
>> so far
>> > it is coming together really smoothly.
>>
>> I'm planning on doing a blog post on this combination (Zend_Rest_Route +
>> dojox.data.JsonRestStore + dojox.grid.DataGrid) -- the three work
>> together incredibly well, and make CRUD interfaces a breeze.
>>

> So far I'm finding the same, it's a match made in heaven, except for some
> reason the grid doesn't seem to be triggering on edits. I can't see any ajax
> hits in firebug. Anyway, I'm sure it's my fault, I'll work it out!

Ok, so I'm dumb, you need to manually call store.save().

Matthew, one thing that your post should cover over is the handling of error
conditions - I'm struggling to find any examples of neatly dealing with what
happens if your controller decides it's not happy with the data and has to
let the store know so it can deal with the situation appropriately.