Hi,

I have an application that is used to connect ot a service once a week for a
1 hour session. This session has many requirements, one of which is that we
only have one open tcp connection at a time.

Out of the 30 or so sessions we've completed we've had 3 sessions where
there were multiple tcp connections open during the 1 hour. I am wondering
if there is a failsafe method to determine if there is an open tcp
connection to a given host.

I have considered using executing netstat and parsing the result until the
connection is closed, but I wasn't sure if there was something built into
the zend_http that would allow for this check without doing that.

I would love to hear some suggestions if possible. As for why multiple
connections are opened I'm not sure as the code has not changed and only
happends sparactically.

I've tried the following:

unset the client and adapter object
explicitly call the adapters close function after the clients request
function
the last time I did both unset and close the adapter

Due to this we have been suspended from the sessions for 1 month and we need
to ensure that never happends again.

I'm not sure if this may be a fault in Windows either and not a problem with
the coding. any help is appreciated

All the best,

Jason