Daniel Latter wrote:

> I don't think you need to extend Zend_Test_PHPUnit_ControllerTestCase
> for your models. As far as I understand this class is there to provide
> controllers with methods to make them easily testable. Models should
> be independant and therefore easily testable anyway. Hope this males
> sense.
>
> On 22 Nov 2009, at 10:04, Davout <davout1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Never mind. I got it to work. Apparently, at some point in the
>> hierarchy I
>> have to extend Zend_Test_PHPUnit_ControllerTestCase
>>
>> class Order_Model_OrderRepositoryTest extends ControllerTestCase
>>
>> class ControllerTestCase extends Zend_Test_PHPUnit_ControllerTestCase
>> --

Daniel,

Thanks for the feedback. It makes perfect sense. And that's how I would
think it should work. I created ModelTestCase.php
<?php
require_once 'Zend/Application.php';

abstract class ModelTestCase extends PHPUnit_Framework_TestCase
{
    public $application;

    public function setUp()
    {
        $this->application = new Zend_Application(
            APPLICATION_ENV,
            APPLICATION_PATH . '/configs/application.ini'
        );

        $this->bootstrap = array($this, 'appBootstrap');
        parent::setUp();
    }

    public function appBootstrap()
    {
        $this->application->bootstrap();

And had my test extend that. However, running test does not generate any
output. But now I find out even if I use the ControllerTestCase if my test
class implements its own setUp

protected function setUp(){
        parent::setUp();

No output is generated. Obviously something in my setup is not correct. Any
ideas?

Thanks.