Ok so here is what I am doing.  Before dispatch if the user is logged in and
they have to reset their password then it will set the action and the
controller to the correct controller/action.
This code below works fine.  However, the url in the browser doesn't
change.  So if I come into the system at www.abc.com/profile  and i need to
reset my pwd it will keep the url at www.abc.com/profile but the page that
shows is www.abc.com/login/resetpassword

anyone know how to reset the url so that it changes.  Can I use

return $this->_helper->redirector();

public function preDispatch(Zend_Controller_Request_Abstract $request)
    {

           if (Zend_Auth::getInstance()->hasIdentity()) {
            //checks to make sure that the password doesn't need to be
reset.
Zend_Auth::getInstance()->hasIdentity()->Reset_Password) {

$request->setActionName('resetpassword')->setControllerName('Login');
                   return;
            }

Thanks,

Shaun J. Farrell