I am trying to figure out how to register a namespace in 1.9. This is
my boostrap.php file.
<?php

class Bootstrap extends Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap
{
        protected function _initAutoload()
    {
        $autoloader = new Zend_Application_Module_Autoloader(array(
            'namespace' => '',
            'basePath'  => APPLICATION_PATH,
        ));

        $autoloader->registerNamespace( 'Utilities_');

        return $autoloader;

When I tried to use registerNamespace I get:

Zend_Loader_Exception: Method 'registerNamespace' is not supported

Most of the examples I can find on the web look to be older methods
for doing things:

require_once 'Zend/Loader/Autoloader.php';
$autoloader = Zend_Loader_Autoloader::getInstance();
$autoloader->registerNamespace('Customer_');

TIA, Mark