I have a situation in which certain controller actions need to use an
instance of my Model_DbTable_Foo (which extends Zend_Db_Table_Abstract), but
those actions also instantiate my Zend_Form subclasses, which also need
access to Model_DbTable_Foo for getting data to populate select menu
options. It's a waste if each instantiates its own instance. On the other
hand I haven't determined what would be the most sensible way for them to
share. I suppose the controller could somehow pass the $table instance to
the form's constructor.

Suggestions?

--
Support real health care reform: