The way you're doing it is probably the best.  The only other
alternative I can think of is to have another plugin at
routeShutdown() which only registers the plugin for select
controllers.  That seems to be a more convoluted solution than to just
have your plugin's code determine if it should do anything.  The
controller is not known untill after routing has taken place.

--
A.J. Brown
Software Engineer, ZCE