Hello all.  I'm completely stumped at the moment, and just need a little
push.

A couple of months ago, I ran into a nice post or article on how to do a
couple of things with Zend_Dojo_Form elements.  Specifically, I'm looking
for help on writing a custom validator (dojo client side) in JavaScript for
checking if an e-mail address (or some other value) is already in use.  If I
recall, the element's validator attribute somehow called an action that
returned JSON saying whether or not the value was already taken.

I understand from a high level, but I'm so much better at abstracting from
examples.  I've naturally lost the inspiring link (I'm seeing a PDF or
Safari book in my head), and am unable to find any information on it.

I don't mean for anyone to go googling for me...but my guess is I just don't
have the right terminology to cut through the noise.

Any help is appreciated,
Dan