Hi there,

I think the problem is your $sort parameter on Zend_Ldap::search().
'asc' doesn't seem to be an attribute of your result entries. The $sort
parameters utilizes ldap_sort() which requires a single valid LDAP attribute
on which it'll sort the result set in ascending order (the attribute
specified in $sort must be included in the $attributes array you pass as the
4th argument to Zend_Ldap::search()).

So, assumed that you have the following $this->_groupRecordAttributes:

Array(
        'cn',
        'sn',
        'uid'
)

And you want to sort the result by 'sn', you'd do:

$this->_groupRecordAttributes   = array(
        'cn',
        'sn',
        'uid'
);
$limit = Zend_Ldap:: SEARCH_SCOPE_ONE; // or whatever search scope you want.
$this->_ldap->search("cn=*schoolofp*", $this->_ldapOptions['baseDn'],
$limit, $this->_groupRecordAttributes, 'sn');

By the way, you could set the $baseDn parameter to null to automatically use
the Zend_Ldap instance's base DN:
$this->_ldap->search("cn=*schoolofp*", null, $limit,
$this->_groupRecordAttributes, 'sn');

Hope that helps...

Best regards

Stefan