Sorry if this is not the correct list to be posting regarding dojo...

I have this in my javascript function, that creates an AJAX request to my
server;

    // Create an object to hold the data.
    var obj = {nest_id:1, component_id:1};

    // Convert to data to a string.
    data = dojo.toJson(obj);

    // Show the string in the console.
    console.log(data, typeof data);

    var deferred = dojo.xhrPost({
      url: "addtonest",
      content: data
    });

So what would i need in my controller to retrieve the values for nest_id and
component_id?

I have this in my controller but it just returns null;

    $params = Zend_Json::decode($this->_request->getPost());
    var_dump($params);

________________________________
-
Williams Refrigeration is a trading name of AFE Group Limited.
Registered in England & Wales under Registered Number 3872673. Registered
Office Address - Bryggen Road, North Lynn, Industrial Estate, Kings Lynn,
Norfolk, PE30 2HZ

Williams Refrigeration filters email attachments for spam and viruses and
malicious content with Sophos Puremessage. While every care has been made to
ensure that this message is secure and virus free, we cannot be held
responsible for any damage arising from computer viruses and advise that you
perform your own checks on this and any other inbound messages.

you have received this email in error or are having trouble sending email to us
please notify the system administrator - postmas...@williams-refrigeration.co.uk

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and do
not necessarily coincide with those of Williams Refrigeration or the AFE Group.