Lets leave routing as separate problem, maybe I'll not have language route
at all, but save this in session.

So, I can have sr locale, like new Zend_Locale('sr') and create
Zend_Translate for that locale, separated from sr_RS. But aren't my language
translateion files get confused, I keep all related with serbian language
under sr directory.

$locale = new Zend_Locale('sr_RS');
Zend_Registry::set('Zend_Locale', $locale);

$translate = new Zend_Translate(
Zend_Translate::AN_GETTEXT,
 realpath(APPLICATION_PATH . '/../data/languages'),
null,
array(
 'scan' => Zend_Translate::LOCALE_DIRECTORY
)
);

Zend_Registry::set('Zend_Translate', $translate);

So, if I go with only sr instead sr_RS, it will still search for
translations under sr folder, right?

Regards,
Saša Stamenković