Good day!

Very late, but i checked with my company and it's free to use. I don't know
if that qualyfies as "public domain" or "new-bsd" but i think so.

I just want to mention something i came across the last weeks:
http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/zend.filter.input.html The
Zend_Filter_Input

It features many functions as my above example like

- filtering
- validating

. Important for me is the attribute "allowEmpty" that allows fields to be
empty, even with validators. I don't know if the Zend_Filter_Input class can
be used for Zend_Form_Element_* but maybe its woth a look.

Have fun

Simon Plangger