Mixed case seems easier, especially when you have two acronyms next to each
other.  Case in point: Zend_Controller_Request_Http::isXmlHttpRequest().

Is this formatted in acronym case?  Then it should be isXMLHTTPRequest().

Is this formatted according to its actual formatting in JavaScript?  Then it
should be isXMLHttpRequest() (see http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest/).

Sure, PHP is case insensitive with regard to method names, but Zend_XmlRpc
would be Zend\XMLRPC, wouldn't it?  Seems awkward.

-Matt