The Zend Framework team announces the immediate availability of Zend Framework 1.10.8, our eighth maintenance release in the 1.10 series. This release includes around 22 bug fixes.

A special reminder to those users of Zend_Service_Twitter</code>, please ensure you upgrade to 1.10.6, 1.10.7, or 1.10.8 ASAP. These releases introduce a change in the Zend_Service_Twitter API that enforces the use of OAuth by default when using methods that require authentication. The change was introduced to help prepare Zend Framework users for the Twitter OAuthcalypse scheduled in 6 days from now on August 31, 2010:

http://techcrunch.com/2010/06/17/twitter-oauthcalypse-moved-to-august-thanks-to-the-world-cup/

For those that cannot upgrade, there are other ways to integrate Zend_Oauth with Zend_Service_Twitter:

http://blog.astrumfutura.com/archives/411-Writing-A-Simple-Twitter-Client-Using-the-PHP-Zend-Frameworks-OAuth-Library-Zend_Oauth.html

You may download ZF 1.10.8 from the Zend Framework site:

  http://framework.zend.com/download/latest

For a full list of resolved issues, you can visit the changelog:

http://framework.zend.com/changelog/1.10.8";>http://framework.zend.com/changelog/1.10.8</a>

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed code to these releases, including those who submitted patches, translated documentation, or reported issues. Keep your eyes peeled for another maintenance release at the end of next month!

------------------------------
Zend Framework 2.0 Dev Release

We are actively working on ZF 2.0 at this time, and if you missed the announcement, our first milestone was reached when we tagged our first dev release. We continue to work hard and we encourage everyone to visit our roadmap for 2.0 to get a better understanding of the direction of the framework and plan out how you will become part of the ZF 2.0 effort.

http://devzone.zend.com/article/12385-First-Development-Milestone-of-ZF-2.0-Released

1.11.0 Release Planned

In related news, we are planning a 1.11.0 release for the end of September. This will incorporate bugfixes from the 1.10 series, updates and normalization to validator translation strings, and a variety of new features. So stay tuned!

-Ralph Schindler

--
Ralph Schindler
Software Engineer     | ralph.schind...@zend.com