Hey Paul,

Have you filled out the CLA and have a Jira account? If not, thats the place to start.

After that, checkout the git documentation to understand how to get up and running with the ZF2 repository:

http://github.com/zendframework/zf2/blob/master/README-GIT.txt

As for Cache, I don't believe anyone has claimed it yet.. to be sure, you should join #zftalk.dev on IRC and check with the various developers in there.

Let me know if that helps you get started!
-ralph