On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 9:42 AM, Ryan Lange <cl1mh422...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 12:22 PM, Hector Virgen <djvir...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> You could also use a partial. Partials handle the cloning/var-clearing for
>> you.
>>
>> Also, be careful with getViewScript(), because it adds a suffix based on
>> the context. It's .phtml by default, but it could be .ajax.phtml if you're
>> using the AjaxContext action helper.
>>
>> --
>> Hector Virgen
>> Sent on my Droid X
>>

> Regarding using a partial, do you mean something like this?
>
> <?php
>
> $mail->setBodyHtml( $this->view->partial( 'emails/client.phtml' ) );
>
> ?>

It turns out that this does not work for my purposes. The initial problem
that I encountered exists with this method, too; the module, controller, and
action parts aren't present in the view script path. It appears that I must
make use of the ViewRenderer helper if I want to prevent potential
refactoring errors down the road. I'll just have to work around the possible
context switching issue if I ever encounter it.

Thanks,
Ryan