I have a unit test like

class Application_Controller_Plugin_AclTest extends
Zend_Test_PHPUnit_ControllerTestCase {

  public function setUp() {
    $this->getFrontController()->setDefaultModule('default');
  }

    public function testAccessToUnauthorizedPageRedirectsToLogin() {
      $this->dispatch('/projects');
      $this->assertController('auth');
      $this->assertAction('login');
    }

    public function testAccessToAllowedPageWorks() {
      $auth = Zend_Auth::getInstance();
      $authAdapter = new Application_Auth_Adapter('jiewmeng', 'password');
      $auth->authenticate($authAdapter);

      $this->dispatch('/projects');
      $this->assertController('projects');
      $this->assertAction('index');

I am getting the error

1)
Application_Controller_Plugin_AclTest::testAccessToUnauthorizedPageRedirectsToLogin
Zend_Controller_Exception: No default module defined for this application

D:\ResourceLibrary\Frameworks\PHPFrameworks\Zend\Controller\Dispatcher\Standard.php:391
D:\ResourceLibrary\Frameworks\PHPFrameworks\Zend\Controller\Dispatcher\Standard.php:204
D:\ResourceLibrary\Frameworks\PHPFrameworks\Zend\Controller\Dispatcher\Standard.php:244
D:\ResourceLibrary\Frameworks\PHPFrameworks\Zend\Controller\Front.php:954
D:\ResourceLibrary\Frameworks\PHPFrameworks\Zend\Test\PHPUnit\ControllerTestCase.php:205
D:\Projects\Tickle\tests\application\controllers\plugins\aclTest.php:10

for the 1st test, but not the 2nd why is that?

I noticed that I cannot put something like ...

$front = Zend_Controller_Front::getInstance();
$front->setDefaultModule('default');

into the bootstrap.php of my unit tests, I does not seem to do anything, I
still get No default module defined, if I put it in setup(), I will get the
above where the 1st test fails but the 2nd passes