Is there a way to force full urls when using the Url helper?

My route is setup as:

        :module/:controller/:action

And the default route is:

        default/index/index

When I set the following using a helper I wish to have the url string
"default/dashboard/index" returned, but instead I get "default/dashboard"

        $params = array('module' => 'default', 'controller' => 'dashboard',
'action' => 'index')

Is it possible to force the helper to return the full url when the passed param
match the defaults?

I wish to do this because I use the Url helper as part of some dynamically
created JavaScript, to which I concatenate another string, and not being able
to get the full url in all instances causes problems.

Regards,

Ian