On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Greg <dev...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 8:48 AM, Matthew Weier O'Phinney
> <matt...@zend.com> wrote:
>> I've fielded a large number of requests
>> from ZF1 users who would like the functionality for their ZF1
>> applications -- no more, no less.
>
> I appreciate that, but I'm still concerned that significant changes to
> the Event system will cause disruptions to the ZF1 implementation. The
> late pull request for the SharedEventManager could be one such
> example.
>
> Anyhow I realize its also about choice.....

There's probably no harm in clarifying this issue up front. If ZF2
discovers a need to change the implementation of EventManager, will
such changes be allowed even where they would not be backwards
compatible with ZF1's parallel implementation? I would have thought
the answer to be an emphatic yes since ZF2 is not bound to preserving
BC with ZF1.

Paddy

--
Pádraic Brady