On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 11:41 AM, luk <l...@mierzwa.cc> wrote:

> Philip Gabbert wrote
> > If I'm reading this correctly, it's saying it's currently not possible to
> > catch the event. Just want to make sure I'm seeing what you're directing.
> > It technically doesn't answer my question, but appears it may indirectly.
> > The error is attempting to render a
> > 404: 'Zend\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer::render: Unable to render template
> > "404"; resolver could not resolve to a file'
> >
> > However, since I'm using view files, I don't even want this action. Is
> > there a way to overload the View class (like in ZFW1.x)?
> >
> > Is there some temporary default file I can put into place so I can see
> > what's happening? I've tried mapping view/error/404.phtml. I've tried
> > putting in the 404 from the skeleton project. None of them allows the 404
> > to actually render...
> >
> > ---
> > Philip
>
> Post your code form Module.php class and from application config please
> then
> I may be able to help.
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> --
> Luke Mierzwa

(resent - this time to the list!)

I see what's happening now. By default ZFW seems to be looking for a view
file for rendering. Template mapping for "404" isn't defined, so thus is
errors out. This makes sense since I didn't define a template_map -- it's a
REST based application, no .phtml files are to be defined. I want the
output to be XML or JSON (if json headers or format=json is passed).

Is there a way to define the View layer, within module.config.xml (we're
using XML for cross-language compatibility) to JSON or XML return? Or
better yet, defining a view class for handling this myself?

There aren't many docs about overloading the View layer like there was with
ZF1.x.

Philip