This isn't really an issue specific to ZF2, but since one of the
recommended installation methods is via composer, I figured I'd ask here.
When deploying the app to another server, composer makes things a bit
awkward as I need to either package up a full build including all
dependencies and upload (slow and uses unnecessary bandwidth), or have
some other way of handling dependencies on the server.

One options might be to use Satis and set up mirrors of the vendor
packages so that they don't need to be downloaded on each build. I'm not
sure how much work is involved with doing that though.

How are people currently handling this?

Cheers,
David