Hello  Matthew and Marco,

Thank you for your kind reply!

First and foremost I have to tell you how much we appreciate and admire what you
are doing! Thank you very much for you hard work! Appreciation and respect are
the driving force of everything good and positive.

Your reply means so much to me! It means that you listen for our problems,
opposite to what I have been told.  The communication is an encouragement and
the key for solving all problems.

I know how fast everything evolves in this industry. I started my exciting
journey in this magical forest back in 1983. We still discover so many things in
programming. That's why this journey is so exacting. Our knowledge, vision and
understanding change.

I totally understand and I don't expect the process of merging ZF1
library/components to ZF2 module/library to be  automatic.

The lessen I learned is:
If I am going to use PHP and Zend Framework for complex long term projects, me
and every member of my team have to be an active community member.  The way of
thinking "us" (our project) and "them" (ZF team) should be changed to ONLY "us"
and our ZF project. The separation should be replaced by cooperation. We can not
expect ZF team to solve all our problems and follow them like blind.

My hope is:
Zend Framework to become the main standard framework for all PHP developers.
Everybody to follow the same naming, coding standards, application structure,
design patterns and best practices.

I think ZF has the potential to play this role.

There are over than 40 official frameworks like CodeIgniter, Symfony, CakePHP
etc. and endless amount of unofficial frameworks. Virtual every PHP programmer
has his own framework and way of doing things.The main weakness/advantage of PHP
is that allows you to do the same things on endless different ways. It looks
like the story for the Babylon Tower. All people have been curst to speak
different languages, not to be able to cooperate and build a tower tall enough
to reach god.

I really hope ZF is the key for changing this situation. Instead of everybody
rewriting his own blog, CMS, WiKi, forum etc. to have them as ZF modules and
reuse them. There are so many PHP developers.  If all PHP developers follow the
same application/module structure soon we will end up having so many reusable
elements which will allow us to reach unbelievable levels.  "What a wonderful
world!" :)

Best Regards,

Stoyan Cheresharov

Matthew Weier O'Phinney <matt...@zend.com> hat am 5. November 2012 um 15:17