> From: a...@softe.is
> Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 10:11:50 +0100
> CC: matt...@zend.com; fw-general@lists.zend.com
> To: bullfrogbl...@live.com
> Subject: Re: [fw-general] Events vs. EventManager
>
> Hello Gerard,
>

> > I guess the github issue tracker will probably works best for this kind of
> > thing. Not ideal, but close.
> >
> > * You can keep the dicussion part of the issue closed and then open it at
> > the appropriate time.
> > * You can watch an issue in github, so that kinda notifies you when it
> > opens.
> >
> > If duplicates open on nabble or anywhere else. Close them. Post a link to
> > the github issue. And a link in the issue back to the duplicate. The issue
> > should explain why the dicussion is currently closed and when it will be
> > opened.
>
> As suggested, I opened an issue that can be found here
>
> * https://github.com/zendframework/zf2/issues/2967
>

> Best regards,
>
> Andreas
> --
> List: fw-general@lists.zend.com

Maybe tighten it up a little:

---SNIP---SNIP---
In zf2, most "Manager" classes such as `Zend\ServiceManager\ServiceManager`,
`Zend\EventManager\EventManager`, `Zend\Mvc\Controller\PluginManager` are
assigned to variable names like `$services`, `$events`, `$plugins`.

I feel these instances should be named after what they *are*, and not after
what it feels like to use them. They are not arrays or collections. They are
composed of arrays or collections.

The use of shorthand leads to code that like this:

    $events = $events->getEvents();
    $plugins = $plugins->getPlugins();
    $services = $services->getServices();

which feels like:

{image}

---SNIP---SNIP---

I didn't want to rip out the image because it made me smile and this early in
the morning you sometimes need that. I must be getting soft, I'm usually
ruthless about this stuff.

--
Regards,

Gerard