Hello all,

I'm having some trouble removing quotes from certain parts of my db-queries.
For instance, this is part of a select()-statement:

$select->join(array('m' => 'media'), "m.foreignKey = p.id and
m.belongsTo='product'", array('mediaType', 'media' => $paths),
$select::JOIN_LEFT);

The on-part of this join produces: `m`.`foreignKey` = `p`.`id` and
`m`.`belongsTo` = `'product'` - the backticks around product are actually
invalid in pdo_mysql. How can I avoid them?

And on a related issue: In Zf1 you were able to provide a data-type with any
query-part, so you were able to actually use optimal data-types for your
database (i.e. an int was treated as int). Now even an int gets quoted,
which hinders performance on columns that contain the int-datatype. Is there
any way to influence this?

I've searched high and low in the documentation, but just couldn't find it.
Hope someone can help me!

GJ