Jason, I can suggest you to learn the EventManager and ServiceManager
components in depth. Once you got that, the rest of Zend\Mvc is code that
glues those two concepts together ;)

http://blog.evan.pro/introduction-to-the-zend-framework-2-servicemanager
http://zf2.readthedocs.org/en/develop/modules/zend.service-manager.intro.html
http://zf2.readthedocs.org/en/develop/modules/zend.event-manager.event-manager.html

Really, once you grasp those two, the rest is just fancy terms that are
mostly based on that stuff :)

Marco Pivetta

http://twitter.com/Ocramius

http://ocramius.github.com/